This assignment does not count toward the final grade.
Hmwk: Five 20 min Journal Entries 1-5, Week 1-2
Get in the habit of writing a little bit every day. Get in the habit of exploring your thoughts and ideas.
Writers write. Do that.
- Find a time and a place where you can be alone, with no distractions for 20 minutes. (For many people this is either early in the morning or late at night.)
- something consistently to write ON.
Try to write 5 entries, 5 days a week. Label each entry with the date.
TOPICS: free write about whatever you'd like: what story ideas you're thinking about, a funny conversation you overheard, about why your brother or sister drive you crazy. Begin writing and see where your thoughts take you. If you need a topic, feel free to choose one of these writing prompts:
- what's the craziest thing that ever happened to you?
- what are some story ideas you are considering for your screenplay in this class?
- what are some characters you find interesting that you want to write about?
- what is a film(s) that you particularly like that you want to emulate and why?
- what are your hopes, dreams and fears for this semester?
- what is something surprising that has happened to you in the last two weeks?
That's you. Get to it!
You've already rated students with this rubric. Any major changes could affect their assessment results.