Hood Mountain Data Analysis
May 17 by
a text entry box or a file upload
May 11 at 12am - May 31 at 11:59pm
This assignment was locked May 31 at 11:59pm.
Each of you has your own copy of the Hood Mountaiin Google Sheets:
- Seedling Density
- Temperature and Moisture
Use these instructions to analyze the data. This will allow you to answer the following questions and upload the answers to Canvas
Is there a difference between the burned and bulldozed areas: You will need to do an ANOVA and create graphs
- In total seedlings of all spp?
- In the density of Arctostaphylus visida (ARVI) seedlings?
- In the density of Ceanothus sonomensis (CESO) seedlings?
- In the density of Hesperocyparis sargentii (HESA) seedlings?
- Is there an interaction between the species density and the treatment (ie are some species doing particularly well/badly in one treatment vs. the other? )
Is there a difference in 1st year vs. 2nd year seedlings in the burned vs. bulldozed areas? You will need to do an ANOVA and create graphs
- For ARVI?
- For CESO?
- For HESA?
- For all seedlings together?
Soil Temperature and moisture: You will need to do a t-test and create graphs
- Is there a difference in surface temperature between the burned and bulldozed areas?
- Is there a difference in the soil moisture between the burned and bulldozed areas? ( we will not be able to answer this question until we enter the dry weight of the soil on Monday)
- You will need to work with the temperature and moisture spreadsheet.
You've already rated students with this rubric. Any major changes could affect their assessment results.